Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's been a week....

Okay - so I have sucked lately and did not go to CrossFit. I have officially started training for my Marathon which really means - I am running now. With that and teaching the 5K clinic I am doing LOTS of running even thought the clinic runs are slower than my usual pace. I try to keep intervals in by running between the first and the last person every so often so that changes it up.

Friday morning I was way too tired (from the fun day of golf) to get up for the 6am workout. Good thing since people were having issues walking a few days later.

I have to figure out how to make crossfit stay a benefit to my running without falling into over-training and potentially causing injury. Right now is good since the long runs are only 10K, 12K etc. Mid July they start picking up and I will have to continue to do my Sunday morning 3-6K runs so it does add up.

This morning I thought about staying in bed a little longer but got my butt out of bed instead. Last night's tempo run beat me up and my hams and butt were actually tight this morning.

6Am is early and you defiantly can't go in and lift the weights you do in the evenings. I have to remember that and not get discouraged when I feel I am lifting light but deep down know i would have trouble at higher weights.

WOD

10 Squat Cleans
15 Box Jumps (16")
10 Ring Rows

4 Rounds

Time: 12:43...(I think)



(I wimped at 55lbs - I was tired and also protecting my knees)

It was a nice short workout and dthat was a good thing today.

maybe I will make it Thursday or Friday morning....

Running again tonight.....

Check out my blog that I am doing for my Journey to Marathon #5!! It will bore you to tears but it will be a nice record for me to go back and read.

No comments:

Post a Comment