Saturday, January 16, 2010

22kms in the books....

Time: 8:20am
Temperature: 0 degrees Celcius
Wind Chill: -6
Wind: SW 22km/hr

Well - we got up to run 22Km today. I went to Marlene's and we decided to run from her place instead of driving to the location in downtown Burlington. It meant we weren't going to get the monster hill in but we both decided we would be okay with that.

We did ENJOY a lot of hills along North Shore and I was pleased that I ran all the hills - even the long killer one before LaSalle Park. You think that hill will never in and one of my goals is to run that sucker every time I get to it.

We came back along the flat route and we had over estimated our turn-around point which means we could have had the 24K done for next week but at 22K we walked it in. We will save the 24K for when we should run it. :) Yeah - consider us slackers.

The run felt good - even the hills and it was great to be running with so little gear on. Lately it has been so cold that we have to bundle up - but today was nice enough to enjoy some lighter clothes.

I had a hard time with 17K- 19K but we had picked it up and was pushing it. With all the heavy deadlifting of CrossFit lately - my hams and but were feeling it. It's amazing that at 20K I was able to do a 6:02min/km for the last km. I was pleased...but sore and tired.

So -that is it for this week's long run. I better try to get a couple of short runs in this week - I have been slacking off on them lately.

Next week is 24K - I will have to do that on Saturday again as on Sunday is the Annual Robbie Burns' Race - 8K - and where else can you wear you kilt running?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment