Sunday, January 24, 2010

5th day of absolutely NOTHING!

Well - it's not that I am being lazy...but I am being lazy.

Last Wednesday a fever took over this body and shut me down. Sleep and drugs is all I wanted...oh and a really big heating pad. I was freezing - layers upon layers and I could not get warm.

I didn't even attempt CrossFit. THAT would have killed me. I was off work on Thursday and Friday - I only booked 2 sick days when I had a stroke 4.5 years ago. So - 2 days in a row from work - I knew I was sick.

Friday I got my butt to the doctor who confimed my lungs were really congested. Really!?!?!? She felt it was viral and gave me 2 different puffers. If I don't have relief by Monday I can call her and she will prescribe something else but now it is a waiting game. They took x-rays of my chest to see if I do have pneumonia or not. Sure feels like something is going on in those lungs.

I missed my 24K run this weekend and the 8K Robbie Burns' Race. It was a race I wanted to do because I know I have improved so much in my running since last year. But - it wasn't going to happen.

So now I am tired and cranky but trying to rest.

Maybe I will go and lift some weights but not with cardio - just try some strength training. I have to do something.....

okay - I will wait until I hear from the Doc and if no news by noon - I will call Jason at CrossFit and see if he can come up with something for me.

That will get me through tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.....