Saturday, January 2, 2010

Why Blog?????

I need organization
I need a record of all the workouts I do.
I need proof (for myself) that I am improving
I need proof (for myself) that I give it my all during my workouts
I need proof that I need to work harder
I need proof that I am on a journey I am in control of.

I am sure I will be adding to this list as time goes.

I decided that January 1st is a great day to start since the WOD (workout of the day) at Crossfit Connections was going to be a killer workout. I heard what 2009 had to offer and was nervous if I could complete it. I even asked Ruth (one of the owners and positive life forces from CF) if I could do the workout or if I would be out of my league. She told me to come and I would be fine. I guess you could say...I needed to prove to myself I could do it. I wanted to prove to myself I could do it. So - in true Julie style I signed up and.....committed....

I have been going to Crossfit for about 3 months now - and only since November have I increased the number of times per week. Originally it was 2 or 3 times but after the Hamilton Half marathon (November 2nd) I committed to working out more and following the ZONE diet.

I spoke to Ruth about my diet and now she is working with me to provide the motivational support and encouragement to take control of my weight and health. I did the Isagenix 9 day cleanse program and moved right to the zone diet. I have lost 20 lbs and with the Crossfit workouts I have gotten so much stronger. Every time I am able to add more weight to my workouts I can feel the satisfaction that Crossfit is working to make me a healthier and stronger person.

My running has reapped the rewards as well. I will never be a Boston qualifier but to run injury free (knock on wood) and feel strong on my runs is a huge improvement. I am sure my times will improve and to set my running goal to myself - I signed up for the 2010 Around the Bay - which will be my goal race. (See - Julie style again - sign up for something to commit and wonder - what was I thinking.....as last year I said I wasn't going to do ATB again....)

I am running with Connors Runners which is lead by Dr. Stephen Connor in Oakville. Dr. Steve is my chiropractor which I am thankful I have only seen him at the running clinic and at Crossfit - I haven't had to see him lately for treatment...I am sure that might change as the distance increases but right now I believe that Crossfit is making my core and every muscle stronger to withstand the distances....we will see - and that is one of the points of this blog.

It will be interesting to check back in a month or two and see how I am doing and keeping track of my maximu weights lifted and times for the benchmark workouts. I also hope to have a steady record of more weightloss and increased health.

I will post informaiton about crossfit and videos/pictures of some of the exercies or drills we do. It is a tough kick ass workout but just like a marathon...if you WANT to do it...you CAN do it. Work hard and see the rewards....

For 2010....I would like to be able to add more weights to my drills and see if by the end of the year I could do one..yes...even just one...pull up without the assitance of the bands. I have a lot of work to do on any of the bar excercises (dead hangs, L sits, knees to elbow, pullups etc). That area needs a lot of work so hopefully I can acheive doing a pull up.

So - there it is - written down on January 2nd, 2010. Let's get 'er done!

3...2...1...GO!





No comments:

Post a Comment