Friday, March 5, 2010

Fridays are never easy....

"Grace" is such and awesome CrossFit workout....30 Clean and Jerks for time with 135 lbs for guys and 95 lbs for girls.....sounds pretty easy but that weight starts to feel real heavy real quick. "Grace" also gives a huge advantage to someone who is big and strong. This workout evens the playing field a little for the smaller guy by adding in some pull ups.

WOD

Strength : Back Squat - 3 sets of 5 reps @ 85% 1 rep max ( I did these at 100lbs)

rest a few minutes

20 Pull Ups

10 Clean and Jerks 135 lbs/ 95 lbs

3 Rounds


Time: 11:43


Crossfit_clean-and-jerk


I did 1.5 rounds at 70lbs and then I almost dropped the bar with my wrist getting bent at a weird angle so I dropped to 65lbs for the remainder. I know I have cleaned 80lbs before so I am frustrated with the lack of weight.

I worked afterwards and did about 6 or so with 75lbs. The workout would have been slower and I probably wouldn't have been able to keep it up bt I know I did 75lbs today. I have to go in every couple of days and work on my cleans. I should be able to get 95lbs for workouts. I have to keep the speed in the pull up so I am bringing the bar up and trying not to turn it around with my forearms. So much technique and apparently I suck. haha. Oh and I actually broke a nail weightlifting.....THAT is pathetic.

Well - this was a great workout and I am taking tomorrow off as the Chilly Half marathon is on Sunday. I need rested legs - it is only a training done and will be done at a slower pace as it should be our 30K ATB race pace. I just want to get the distance in and have fun.

See you after the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment